The following video reflects my collection of thoughts from our early Tuesday morning men’s Bible study. I scribbled notes as our men exchanged ideas, Scriptures, and encouragement.
My apologies for all the scratching noise – was my paper rubbing against the mic – won’t let it happen again.
Here’s the Youtube link to What Does Discipleship Look Like?
For those of you who don’t like video, here are a few of my scribblings in random order…
- being at the feet of Jesus, listening.
- having a commitment to our beliefs, loving God first.
- a willingness to be shaped like iron on the anvil.
- paying the price / cost to be like Him.
- offering our lives as a living sacrifice.
- denying ourselves – not just our wants, but our very selves.
- growing in knowledge of Jesus.
- growing in Christlikeness.
- giving up and forsaking all else.
We also discussed the fact that discipleship doesn’t just happen as a result of doing certain duties or habits, but also as we endure adversity and suffering. Thoughts?