Sometimes, everything around you seems to be falling apart.
- The markets are down and retirement looks bleak…
- You can’t seem to communicate with your spouse…
- Recent news from the doctor has you shaken…
Most people do one of two things in these scenarios.
Option #1: Fall apart, too.
All you have to do is let your circumstances determine your attitude. And your attitude, as they say, will determine your altitude.
It’s easy to fall into this trap of believing that nothing can or will ever improve. That’s the lie you start repeating in your head and sharing with your closest friends. When you slip into self-pity, you start to drown in hopelessness.
But hopelessness is the most dangerous place in life to be, and you and I never have to be there.
There is always, always hope. There’s always a way out, a way up, a way forward. Always.
Option #2: Don’t.
You were created with enormous mental resources.
Spiritual help is a prayer away.
You can get through this. You were born to get through this.
Obviously, when devastating news comes, it’s appropriate to feel shock and desperation. But don’t stay there too long. Recover your hope.
I’ve often heard that “hope is not a strategy.” If all you’re talking about is wishful thinking, then that’s true. You can’t just wish your way to better conditions.
But hope is restored by adopting certain strategies when things get really tough, such as:
- Read and dwell on things that are good, noble, true, positive, promising.
- Remind yourself that the tide always comes back in. The market always recovers. The sun always comes back out.
- Stand up straight and walk confidently. Physically do what you do when you think at your most optimum level.
- Talk to God. Tell him how you feel – the good, the bad, and the ugly. He can handle it.
- Talk to a counselor, a friend, a mentor. A threefold cord is not easily broken.
- Ascend from the valley, look around, and find a new pathway forward.
Remember, “If God is for us, who can be against us?” (Romans 8:31 NLT)
Remember, “despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.” (Romans 8:37 NLT)
Remember, “I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.” (Philippians 4:13 NLT)
Remember, “The LORD is my strength and my song; he has given me victory. This is my God, and I will praise him — my father’s God, and I will exalt him!” (Exodus 15:2 NLT)
Remember, “For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.” (2 Timothy 1:7 NLT)
When everything is falling apart… don’t. After the shock, look for the Light and take another step.
Make a Bigger Difference!
When you grow as a leader, you expand your influence, earn more income, and make a bigger difference in your world!
I believe that when you improve dramatically as a leader, you can rapidly expand your influence, increase your earning potential, and lead your organization or your business to new levels of growth and greatness!
When you become a Pro Member of The Digital Leadership Lab, you get:
- A private invite to at least two live group coaching sessions each month.
- On demand access to a growing library of courses and coaching sessions.
- Access to the Digital Leadership closed Facebook group.
- Access to my Digital Leader’s vault of downloadable files.
I’m absolutely determined to help you become the best version of yourself that you can be.
Ready to take action and start taking your leadership to the next level?