There have been a number of factors contributing to my recently increased burden for this lost world, and my sense of urgency about fulfilling God’s purpose for our lives before Jesus comes again. A couple of weeks ago on a Wednesday night, we talked about these words of advice from Jesus to His followers:
- Don’t be deceived. – As we approach the end of this age, false teaching will abound. Don’t get hooked – stick to God’s absolute truth no matter what.
- Don’t be discouraged. – Jesus said several times, “don’t be troubled.” We have an ultimate hope in His return.
- Don’t be deterred. – Endure to the end. The gospel will be published to all nations and Jesus will return, so hang on to hope for now.
Tonight, we’re moving into talking about some details concerning events that will take place during what many Christians call “the tribulation.” It’s a time when God confronts the world over its deep sinfulness, when all the forces of evil battle against Him, and when God gathers His nation, Israel, to Himself again.
Why hasn’t Jesus come yet? When will it finally be time? I don’t know. It certainly isn’t my decision and I will know only when it happens. But I do know at least three details of His coming…
- It’s imminent – nobody knows when but Him.
- He’s patiently waiting for more souls to be redeemed.
- The time is approaching us with increasing haste – God’s clock is speeding up.
Are you ready? Are you burdened? Are you living with a heightened sense of expectancy?
P.S. – If you liked it, share it!