I’m actually thankful for these things every day, but today in the U. S. is especially set aside for the purpose of saying (or blogging) thanks for such things. Gratitude is life-changing and invites the blessings of God into our lives. So let me offer my thanks to God for…
- Being a holy, wise, perfect, immutable, unchanging, sovereign, loving, gracious, awesome Creator!
- Giving His only Son, Jesus, who died on the cross to pay the penalty of my sins.
- Granting me salvation and the forgiveness of my sins merely on the basis of my believing in Christ and receiving Him as my Savior.
- My call to ministry – to touch lives, to change the world, to spread His Word.
- Being born in a place and time in which I have the freedom to worship Him without fear of persecution.
- My beautiful, sweet wife, for all the reasons I wrote about yesterday.
- My precious daughter who has one of the sweetest spirits of any kid in the world, and who happens to be smarter than her Dad sometimes.
- My cool son who is now learning to “run” on all fours and climb stuff. He belly laughed this morning – I’m thankful for that!
- My little dog, Beau. He’s nice.
- My parents, my brother Kevin and his wife, Robin, and their sweet kids, Emma and Carter.
- My in-laws including Angie’s parents, the Perry clan and Josh’s crew.
- My church family, along with my Pastor and my boss and fellow staff members.
- The opportunity to be creative, to design stuff, to think and strategize about communications and missions.
- All the physical stuff like food, a roof, cars, furniture and all the things we take for granted around us.
- Creation – which shows off the awesomeness and beauty of our majestic God.
- Lifelong friends from the places where we’ve served… and I do mean lifelong!
- The future, from here to heaven. It’s all in God’s hands and I’m believing that He’s going to do some pretty awesome things in, around, and through us!
I know I missed things. That’s the point. There’s no end to our giving of thanks to such a giving God! We’re never more like God than when we’re giving, and “thanks” and “giving” go together. So may God help us be more thankful and more giving all year long!
In closing, hear the challenge of the apostle Paul…
Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is. And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord, giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, submitting to one another in the fear of God.
INTO DESIGN? CRAFTS, FONTS, PHOTOS, THEMES, ETC.
20% OFF The April Bundle at TheHungryJPEG.com