Today is the day before Thanksgiving. In years past, I’ve gotten to spend this day with my family, either in the car traveling, or with extended family. I miss that today! I’m sitting in my office at Saddleback, which I enjoy, but not nearly as much as being with Angie. Let me tell you why…
- She’s beautiful! I love her smile, her eyes, and she may not believe me, but I always love it when she comes home with some new hair-style. That’s part of the daring side of her.
- She’s funny. She’s hilarious! We laugh together and I’m so thankful for that!
- She’s compassionate. One of the frustrations I feel at times is that we now serve in an atmosphere where most people have no idea just how gifted and ready she is for ministries of compassion.
- She’s an awesome Mom. She teaches Ella, cleans the house, cooks the meals, gets everyone ready for church, and sets an awesome example. All I do is go to work!
- She pushes me to excellence. She encourages me to serve to the fullest of my God-given capacity. She tells me when my jokes are too corny and when I’m not using all that God has given me.
- She’s pure. That is, she’s pure in heart, always trustworthy, and I admire her commitment to living according to God’s plan.
- She puts up with me. I’ve been a pretty big jerk on too many occasions, but she’s still here, loving me, and I’m in love with her.
- Did I mention how beatiful she is?
Today, I’m so thankful for my wife.There’s not another woman in all the world like her. None can compare, and I’m thankful that God gave me the very best!