The economy has tanked and we’ve elected a Democratic President, but things could be worse (just a joke, folks). I love Christmas and it’s one week away from my posting this little blog. I wanted to pass along some tips for making Christmas interesting this year. You may already do these things, and I don’t do all of them, but they’re worth trying for the fun of it…
- Read the Christmas story on Christmas morning with your family – Luke 2:1-20.
- Bake a “birthday cake” for Jesus.
- Try boiled custard – it’s a Kentucky favorite!
- Don’t drink and drive. Don’t drink at all. Remember Christmas this year.
- Give a small gift to someone you don’t know.
- Let your kids see, in some visual and personal manner, what poverty looks like.
- Go to the Mall on a crowded day – it’s part of the season.
- Wear PJ’s all day… don’t shower or shave. Hey, it’s Christmas! (warning: your family may object)
- Overeat just a bit, enjoy the feast. It’s a celebration!
- Pray for men and women in military service.
- Put some cocoa puffs on the lawn – tell the kids its reindeer poop.
- Watch “the Santa Claus” on Christmas eve and put an empty Santa suit on the lawn – wake the kids up early.
- Don’t “shoot your eye out.” If you shoot yourself in the eye, work up some tears and blame it on an imaginary icecicle.
Have any to add? Comment below!