Donald Whitney has a way of putting things in perspective. He’s listed 31 great questions to ask at the beginning of each new year. Here are my favorites…
- What’s one thing you could do this year to increase your enjoyment of God?
- What’s the most humanly impossible thing you will ask God to do this year?
- In which spiritual discipline do you most want to make progress this year, and what will you do about it?
- What’s the most important way you will, by God’s grace, try to make this year different from last year?
- What single thing that you plan to do this year will matter most in ten years? In eternity?
- What’s one thing you could do this year to enrich the spiritual legacy you will leave to your children and grandchildren?
- What single blessing from God do you want to seek most earnestly this year?
- What one biblical doctrine do you most want to understand better this year, and what will you do about it?
- In what area of your life do you most need change, and what will you do about it this year?
These are ideal questions for journaling. Can you add one or two of your own in the comments below, or perhaps answer one or two?