Jesus said, “I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life; no man comes to the Father except through me.” I remember a Bible college professor paraphrasing what Jesus meant with these lines:
I am the Way… walk Me.
I am the Truth… know Me.
I am the Life… live Me.
Jesus, paraphrased by Dr. Jesse Thomas
I love that! I wrote last week about getting off the wrong path, but that can never be the end of the story. To jettison ourselves from any path, we need a new path to follow, and for the believer in Christ, that path is the person of Jesus Christ.
In other words, it’s not just about doing all the right things instead of doing the wrong things. It’s about being involved with the right Person, Jesus. He is the right path. When we walk “in Christ,” and we’re coming to know Christ, and we’re living as Jesus lived, we’re guaranteed to be on the right path.
So how do you find and walk the right path, the path that is Jesus?
- Trust Him. Once and for all, completely trust Him as your one and only Savior.
- Hear Him. Get to know His voice through His Word.
- Talk to Him as you live, as you walk, and as you do life.
- Follow His example, emulate His character, and imitate His behaviors.
- Serve Him, by serving others in His name.
Here’s hoping you find the right path, that you fully commit to trusting, hearing, knowing, following, and serving Jesus!
Photo by jwtwel.
P.S. – If you liked it, share it!