… is you. We often guard against the negative impact of others or our perceived threat from other leaders, but at the end of the day, we leaders are our own worst enemies. The most damaging things that will happen to your leadership will be carried out by you.
- When pride prevents you from learning
- When anger destroys someone close to you
- When your ego prevents you from mentoring those who might surpass you
- When you fold to temptation and risk everything important
- When you let your profession outrank your family
- When you turn inward and withdraw into a shell
- When the approval of people outranks the smile of God
- When you get too busy to hang out with human beings
- When you stand God up regularly
- When you quit just before God is ready to really start using you
Paul once told Timothy, “Watch yourself.” He echoed the same to the Ephesian elders in Miletus as he said, “Take heed to yourself.” I think the aged apostle understood this principle well. There is no greater threat to your ministry than you, and there is no greater guarantee of success than focusing totally on Jesus.
You’re quite a threat!
Blogging and social media have literally changed the direction of my life multiple times. I’m passionate about helping you expand your online influence and build a blog that reaches readers and even earns an income. Interested? Click to join in!