I’ll be brief. I’m moved…
- I’m moved by Rick Warren’s prayer. It was nice to hear him pray the entire model prayer and to call for civility when differing, which indeed allows for differing.
- I’m moved by the election of America’s first African-American president. That’s significant.
- I’m moved by what his election says about the sanctity of life. What? Well, just watch this.
- I’m moved by the respect Bush paid to Obama, and likewise.
- I’m moved by a nation showing up in the millions to welcome their new leader.
- I’m moved by the election of a man who cares about many of the things I care about.
I’m also concerned…
- I’m concerned about the sanctity of life (this is the most pro-abortion President in our history).
- I’m concerned about the growing power of government.
- I’m concerned about taking a softer approach with militant Muslim nations.
- I’m concerned about our security.
I’m also positive. I believe in giving the benefit of the doubt. Barack Obama begins today with a clean slate. We shall see what unfolds. President Bush was a different man with different viewpoints just a few years into his first term. Some of those changes were positive, some negative. God can change the heart of Obama as well – he seems tender enough.
I’m also prayerful. I’m commanded to pray for my new President and have a heart to do so. Here’s what I’m praying for…
- His safety.
- His family’s unity (he sets a great example here).
- His life to be in balance.
- His cabinet to be genuinely helpful.
- His heart to change on abortion and other moral issues.
- His courage in the face of world threats.
- His legacy to be as positive as it is so far when he leaves office in four or eight years.
Hail to the Chief, but Praise to King Jesus – my supreme and sovereign Lord. What’s your delight/concern/prayer for your new President today?
INTO DESIGN? CRAFTS, FONTS, PHOTOS, THEMES, ETC.
20% OFF The April Bundle at TheHungryJPEG.com