THIS is cool! Jay and Jordan Kranda put this together (possibly with other conspirators) as a way to promote the Saddleback online campus. Jay has a big heart for this ministry and it shows. I want to make some observations after you watch…
There are several things to learn from this video promotion…
- Spreading your content around on sites like Youtube opens another pathway into your ministry reach.
- Doing quality video in HD shows professionalism.
- Being human is essential. Being “ministerial” can create barriers.
- Additional imagery is well-placed throughout the video showing very simply how to connect.
- There’s a clear call to action at the end. What should you do next? Connect. Click. Email us.
- It’s exactly 1 minute, but contains all it needs to contain.
- Jay Kranda has cool hair.
- If you’re going to sneak into Rick Warren’s office and take a secret video, don’t let Brandon Cox find it or he’ll write a whole blog post about how cool your rogue act of rebellion was.
There are plenty of questions to answer about how technology and faith are merging, but if you’re going to offer an online campus, this is a great way to get the word out! My only complaint is the use of comic sans… bad typographical mojo!
P.S. – If you liked it, share it!